The main purpose of the Design Managers is to lead design from outline business case through to construction.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Agree appointment and scope of service for Design Team
- Review design management protocols with Design Co-ordinator
- Clear communication of expectations for design deliverables with designers
- Review all design issues relating to GA's
- Review compliance with Building Bulletins and other statutory regulations.
- Review ER's in line with Contractor's proposals.
- Liaise with Client and Key Stakeholders
- Liaison with the Commercial Team for cost checking
- Monitoring of design & resolution of technical queries
- Review design deliverables and design programmes
- Review Web Portal Requirements
- Assist with procurement and construction programmes
- Consultant appointments
- Chairing design team meetings
- Lead Client meetings during Bid Phases
- Review compliance of design against Employer's Requirements/ Specs/Contractors Proposals/Budget
- Input into VE and design change
- Chair Design reviews and presentations to Client Teams
- Monitor design changes and change control
- Agree Design Changes with Client
- Any other reasonable management requests.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Able to programme design works
- Knowledge of methodology and sequencing process in delivering of a project including design and pre-construction activities
- Understanding of design requirements for procurement and construction purposes
- Understanding of contractual requirements of the contracts
- Ability to drive issues through to completion
- Relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Construction industry knowledge