DESIGN MANAGER, CAMBRIDGE £60,000 - £80,000 + PACAKGE
We are working with a key main contractor client who are recruiting for a Design Manager for their office in Cambridge. With an increase in recent ongoing contracts they are looking for someone with experience in residential design management to join the team.
- Prepare and conclude project / phase specific consultants appointment documents including the scope of works / schedule of services.
- Deliver trade design packages on time and accurately.
- Monitor and report current position against agreed design programme.
- Organise and control the design development of the project in accordance with the ER's, specification and the construction programme. Review and comment on the design and deal with all obstacles efficiently and appropriately.
- Control the design development and implement policies and objectives effectively as advised by the Technical Director.
- Ensure that the design team are working in accordance with Hill tender control document assumptions.
- Maximise profit by keeping all costs under control and exploring value engineering options.
- Actively review and critique drawing information during design development.
- Ensure smooth transition from the Pre-Planning Design Team into the detailed Design development.
- Actively take part in regular design team and site meetings to progress site delivery.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE (including qualifications):
- Degree qualified with Degree in Construction Management/Architectural Technology or a similar industry related qualification.
- Recent experience of working on mixed used schemes incorporating both residential and affordable housing ideally on projects £10m+ including RC Frame.
- Recent experience of working on centralised heating systems
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and be able to demonstrate ability to co-ordinate and lead the design process unaided.
A great company with a forward thinking management team and fantastic career prospects. For more information and to arrange an interview send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Mike Morgan 07557037656