Design Manager-Permanent (All levels)
£55k-£70k (DOE) + pension+ healthcare+ Car package
North West -Liverpool/ Manchester
My client is a regional main construction contractor. They are involved in large scale design and build projects across the northwest. They deliver a good variety of type of projects within education, leisure, residential.
They currently require a Design Manager to work on a 45million residential development in Liverpool, as a contractor they operate across the northern regions working within Manchester through to Preston. As a design manager you will have proven experience working for a large main contractor. You will have excellent organisation and communication skills.
The Design Manager they are looking for must be experienced in pre-construction stages of projects. You will have proven experience of planning submissions and pre construction processes of projects. The successful candidate will have experience working for main building contractors.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Appraising consultant appointments including costs
- Auditing and assess design information before and during construction.
- Reporting on risk to directors and project team.
- Advising on alternative efficient and compliant design solutions.
- Advising and agree programmes for information delivery.
- Attending meetings as and when required.
- Attending construction sites to appraise work.
- Providing technical and design advice and assistance to colleagues and group companies. · Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with board members, key personnel / departments and external clients.
It is essential that you have BSc qualification and have the appropriate experience in either private practice or industry. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical expertise in the construction of complex building types, as well as having knowledge of current design, planning legislation and compliance issues. It goes without saying that you will have outstanding IT skills including CAD. You will also have excellent communication skills both oral and written and enjoy motivating and influencing people.
To apply please email your CV to Amanda.email@example.com or contact me on 07585 967544.