Development Chemist - Cosmetics/ Skincare
Location: South London
Salary: Competitive DOE, plus additional benefits package
Our Client, an award-winning cosmetic/skincare company with an element of fame attached to it… are growing and looking to recruit for 2 Development Chemists who will work at their modern - state of the art facility in South London.
This company has a fantastic reputation in the industry, with their brand recognisable across the UK; and with a focus on sustainability and creating a 'greener' culture within their industry- they are industry leaders at the forefront of innovation.
Why not be a part of their journey; if you are looking to work in a company that has a fantastic work culture, with lots of career scope… we want to hear from you!
- Developing/Formulating and supporting the Development team across a wide spectrum of natural skin care, body care, sun care and tanning products
- Supporting the Development of natural makeup products
- Designing and conducting formulation, stability and compatibility tests
- Researching to establish new blends/ formulations and ingredients
- On- going efficiency tests completed throughout the development phase
- Designing and implementing Sensory studies, evaluating the products' benefits across a diverse product range
- Supporting and working with the manufacturing team, providing technical support such as: scale up processing and the creating of batch manufacturing instructions
- Supporting and working with the QC and QA teams on bulk specifications
- Being a key representative of the business and brand by actively participating and contributing in presentations, seminars, networking events and key client visits
- A minimum of 5 years' experience within formulation development in the cosmetics sector; ideally within natural products but general cosmetics will be considered
- Will have an understanding of completing sensory tests and working on new blends/ formulations
- Must have an understanding and a passion to work in the cosmetics sector
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant, Scientific discipline
- Will have a good understanding of cosmetic - product regulation/s
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential, this person will have sound written and verbal communication skills
- Good understand of Microsoft and general IT applications