Development Engineer - Housing
£38,000 - £45,000 + Car/Allowance
My client are a well-established house builder based in the Liverpool area and due to an increase in projects they are looking for a development Engineer to join their Technical team.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the successful development engineer will be responsible for the procurement of all civil engineering design information necessary to deliver the construction of all infrastructure, roads, sewers, foundations, external works and structural aspects on residential developments throughout the region, whilst providing an important link between the design and construction process.
The ideal Engineer must have experience in new build residential developments who has worked for a leading house builder. The ideal candidate would specialise strongly in the engineering aspects mainly of civil highways and footpaths, drainage, sewer systems and utilities where you would focus on the technical and development processes of new build residential schemes
Responsibilities and skill:
- Good understanding of civil engineering techniques/details and the statutory process to achieve a site start and complete developments
- Liaise with Local and Regulatory bodies to secure Technical Approval of highway, road and sewer designs at the very earliest available opportunity.
- Liaison with Solicitors to ensure the timely completion of S278, S38 and S104 agreements as well as any required easements, deeds or land transfers connected with substation or gas governor supply.
- Subsequent supervision and monitoring of the Company's infrastructure, foundations and external works construction.
- The individual should be well organised and able to make decisions to allow projects to progress
- Must be computer literate and ideally conversant with AutoCAD
- Qualified Civil Engineer or Civil Engineering Technician
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Previous experience within development in a housing environment
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- A background Working for a major housing developer would be advantageous for this role
If you are interested in this position, then please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you require any more information or call Lauren on 0151-737-5560