My client are a leading housing developer based in the Warrington area. They are experiencing a sustained period of growth and now require an experienced Development manager to join the team.
Reporting into the Development Director, the Development Manager will play a pivotal role in securing and delivering land opportunities, including public sector land and JV opportunities, to meet business requirements and growth plans.
The Development Manager will work as part of the wider team but will have the ability to source land opportunities and instruct and manage consultants/development team regarding the legal, planning, development and commercial constraints of any proposal through to securing a viable planning consent.
This role will be based in Warrington
- Support and coordinate the acquisition of land opportunities from public and private sector land sources developing a detailed knowledge of development and partnership opportunities and competitor activity within the region
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with local authorities, local agents, land owners and Registered providers and potential Joint venture partners to promote the business
- Evaluate and appraise development opportunities
- Implement all internal procedures involved in investigating, reporting and the purchase of land and obtaining planning consent.
- Procure technical, legal and development information to instruct internal and external parties to appraise site opportunities and constraints
- Formulate and manage offers, co-ordinate investigations, negotiate with local authorities, agents and with lawyers
- Work closely with the Pre-construction, Commercial, Sales and Affordable Housing Teams and external consultants, monitoring site progress through to consent - principally on development opportunities but where required work as part of the team to support securing contracting opportunities
- Negotiate legal agreements, including JVs, with lawyers and third parties
- Coordinate and prepare Land Approval Packs to support the Development Director in obtaining authority to acquire sites
- Understand the sales process and sales risk liaising closely with the Sales Team
- Ensure familiarity with the Group's Health, Safety and Environmental policies
- Delivery of viable and optimised projects to meet business plan requirements on programme
- Excellent working relationships with stakeholders through track record of delivery
- Recycling, learning and innovation to improve performance
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Degree standard or with suitable alternative experience
- Computer literate and able to use Excel, Word and PowerPoint to a good standard
- Ideally RTPI and/or RICS qualified
- Professional manner commensurate with delivering business development and promoting the business
- Highly literate able to understand and interpret complex legal documentation
- Highly numerate with the ability to undertake residual valuations for land appraisals and undertake comparable sales valuations
- Excellent inter personal skills, with the ability to motivate and lead a team to deliver
- Previous experience or ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of defined projects within budgetary constraints through commitment and determination and within set time limits
- Experience in liaising and negotiating with a wide range of individuals and organisations including professional consultants, local authorities, Registered Providers/Clients involved in the development process
- An organised and methodical approach, with good attention to detail
- Able to work under own initiative, having good decision making skills and a keen sense of responsibility
- Good numeracy and well-developed analytical skills
- Good knowledge of the planning system and development process, project appraisal Techniques, design and technical issues relevant to house building and affordable housing contracts
- Good verbal and communication skills and ability to organise and positively motivate others both individually
In return the company offer an opportunity to work for a well-established and well known housing developer. It will be a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above please apply now or contact Aisling Ward on 01517375560 for more information