Development Scientist - Microbiology / Medical Devices
Our Client, a global Microbiology/ Devices specialist are looking to recruit for an experienced Development Scientist working as part of an ever growing company with lots of career scope on offer.
Reporting to the Head of Research and Development
- Responsible for the development and validation of new and custom media.
- Assisting in the improvement of the performance of existing products as part of a program of continuous product and process development.
- The development of new culture media in line with the companies ISO quality system.
- Development of Ready prepared media in line with the companies ISO quality system and UKAS accreditation.
- To prepare antibodies and activate bead stocks
- Process development, scale up and handover to manufacturing.
- Carrying out performance validation and shelf life stability studies on new products
- Delivery of project milestones to an agreed timelines.
- Research, analyse and apply information for new product development. and improvement
- Deliver development work so as to meet specific project milestones as defined by individual project timelines.
- Produce and present reports and presentations for internal company use and for external venues as required.
- Will hold a PhD in a Microbiology based discipline or extensive R&D Microbiology experience
- The ideal Candidate will have Medical Devices and Microbiology experience
- GLP / UKAS exposure and experience
- Experience in culture media design.