Role: - NPD Technologist
Location: - West Midlands
Salary: - DOE
Russell-Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for a Food Science/Nutritional Science graduate to join our client's nutrition ingredient company. You will be responsible for the development of new products from the initial stages right through to the launch. If you are a recent graduate in this industry and have industry experience, please apply within.
- Prepare & Dispatch NPD samples. Also prepare samples for dispatch to customers/new customers
- Create supporting documentation which includes specifications, invoices & health certificates.
- Support the sourcing of ingredients
- Create recipes for new and existing products
- Complete sample assessments on new and current products
- Preparation of technical information, testing activities and factory trials
- Prepare & support in-house presentations to customer's e.g. new ingredients, ideas & products.
- Provide accurate stock control of NPD ingredients on a 4 week basis. - labelling of samples and disposing of any out of date ingredients
- Telephone support for any queries, calls & requests
- Support the training and development of other staff members in NPD or other areas of the company which are relevant.
- To ensure activities meet with organisational requirements.
- Reporting to Head of Development
- BSc/MSc in Food or Nutritional science or related qualification
- Industry/sandwich year placement would be desirable
- Strong numerical and verbal skills
- Good communication & organisation skills.
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism.
- Self-motivated individual to manage own workload and work within a fast paced environment.
- Have an understanding of NPD procedures, Food & hygiene Safety, HACCP and allergens