Russell Taylor have a fantastic opportunity for a Dispatch Manager who is passionate about delivering the best. We a looking for a well organised and supportive manager who knows how to get the best from their team. Someone who is driven by exceeding targets and keeping the customer satisfaction to a high level. If you are an advocate for Health & safety, Productivity and People Management looking for a new opportunity with a company who will strive to grow and succeed then we would like to hear from you, so please apply now.
In Your new role as Production Manager:
As the Despatch Manager you will managing between 30-35 direct reports. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the facilities, ensuring all jobs and associated activities are completed in accordance with the Loading plans so that the customers delivery is receive OTIF.
You're Duties will be:
* Provide timely updates to the Operations Manager on current or forecast issues that may impact resources that require either an increase or decrease (or reallocation) of capacity.
* Maintain Load schedules and empower your departmental group team leaders to be accountable for development and execution under your guidance and instructions.
* Ensuring that factory capacity is maintained at the necessary levels considering staff holidays, sickness and other absence cover you may need throughout the year.
* Manage lead times in consideration of capacity and optimal use of resources.
* Listen and drive all Health and Safety requirements and initiatives that the Health & Safety team require for best practice and zero harm.
* Always follow and engage with the quality departments to ensure we adhere to customer and client expectations of our finished products.
* Continuously assess packed product through your department working with production and what is coming through and if it is to plan.
* Be accountable for driving the company's processes, policies, procedures, objectives and goals within your department ensuring your staff take responsibility for their actions.
* Lead regular meetings with your team to discuss upcoming expectations and any items that may be raised for discussion by staff.
* Ensure all staff training is completed and continuously updated.
* Manage and develop your staff through PDR's and other performance management tools that are available to you.
* Take a keen interest in the personal development of your team leaders at all levels and create a best practice culture that empowers your team leaders to manage their relevant department with confidence.
What Experience you will need:
* At least 5 years' experience of a production or operations management within a manufacturing site.
* Knowledge of production and Lean Manufacturing tools and processes such as KANBAN,KAIZEN, 5/6s, 7 Wastes, OEE, 5 WHYS etc.
* Excellent knowledge in Quality control processes, understands costings and other techniques for maximising productivity.
* CAPEX knowledge and ability to contribute with presentations and value stream mapping.
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in production and logistics.
* Fully conversant in all Microsoft office tools.
* Sound Knowledge of MRP/ERP.
* Effective oral communication skills including proven skills in leading a workforce, developing and managing cooperative working relationships and resolving issues by negotiation.
* Effective written communication skills including report writing
* Able to focus on cost control and efficiency.
* Ability to handle pressure and assess and allocate priorities
* "Can do", hands-on approach to work.
* Weekdays 07:00 - 16:00 with a 12:00 Finish on a Friday
* Career progression and development
* 32 Days holiday - 12 floating others cover half terms & bank holiday
* Employer Pension contribution up to 3%
* Shutdown for Christmas
* Free onsite parking
* Free hot drinks
* Employee Discount
* Access to all on-site facilities