A key role within the clients logistics function, the Distribution Co-ordinator will be primarily responsible for the planning and coordination all delivered-in volumes, covering ground fuels, aviation and chemicals activity.
Additionally, and in line with the development of the department, with further responsibilities supporting delivery confirmations, and system reconciliation.
The role supports the wider Marketing, Logistics & Service Delivery team, working directly with stakeholders to build on a right first time customer experience.
Fundamental to the role are QSHE and haulier compliance requirements, in line with product delivery policies and procedures. Maintaining and developing strong and effective relationships across both the Customer and Haulier Partner base are a prerequisite for the role.
This role presents an opportunity for growth and progression within the department, leading to increased responsibilities / accountabilities.
- Continuation of normal operations in absence of the Logistics Team Lead.
- Positive professional Haulier / Customer relationships evident.
- Orders assigned on the optimal cost basis.
- Consistent actions reporting from daily haulier review calls.
- Issue log accurately / concisely completed.
- Planning combination of multi-entity orders.
- Execution of haulier schedules within agreed timeframes.
- Consistent actions reporting from the daily haulier review calls.
- 100% accuracy of delivered volume uploads in SAP, evidenced by timeliness and accuracy of invoicing.
- Logistics Team Lead
- Logistics Team peers
- Head of Logistics & Service Delivery
- Full Marketing, Logistics & Service Delivery dept.
- Haulier Partner base
- Customer base
- Internal support functions i.e. IT & Finance
Customer, Haulier & Stakeholder Management
- Coordination and allocation of all ground fuels orders (all business sectors) to the haulier base, in line with the appropriate cost optimal prices, as set out in the haulier strategy.
- Coordination and allocation of Aviation volume, with haulier and ITP service driven relationships.
- Coordination and allocation of Toluene volume, with haulier and site loading service driven relationships.
- Resolution and recording of any changes to the initial haulier allocations.
- Communication of changes to customer orders directly with the customer and associated business sector account manager as necessary.
- Act as the focal interface between Essar and the Haulier Partner base, investigating, tracking and responding, with prompt and effective communication across a range of delivery related issues, volumes worth up to £12.5 million.
- Host the daily haulier review calls, and share with clearly defined outputs.
- Responsibility for the daily confirmation and SAP upload of all previous day/s deliveries.
- Collation and ownership of daily haulier KPI's and update of KPI template.
- Real time maintenance of the issues log, with accurate and concise updates.
- Maintenance of delivery site data - site assessments, site plans, contacts, delivery hours, and order patterns/load sizes.
Team & Other
Take responsibility for the Logistics Operations Team in the absence of the Logistics Team Lead, ensuring that the mandatory business as usual requirements are met:
- Team management
- Haulier management
- Cost efficient allocation
- Service level provision
- Invoice checking
- Pricing quotations
- Analytical reporting
- Provision of cross team holiday cover / support as required.
- OOH support / rota participation (6 weekly occasions per annum, subject to additional payment premium)
- Saturday morning support / rota participation (8am to 12noon, 10 occasions per annum, subject to additional payment premium)
- Degree Level preferred.
- Road haulage / logistics qualification/s preferred - i.e. Transport Manager's CPC.
- Good level (demonstrable) MS Office Excel software capability.
- Good level of wider MS Office suite understanding and capability.
- Good level of IT literacy - SAP, portals, interfaces, routing software, etc.
- Previous experience of working within a 3rd party logistics / supply chain business is essential
- Demonstrable Operational experience gained within in the transport/logistics/supply chain field.
- Driver interface exposure / driver supervision / team management interfaces.
- Scheduling system / planning software usage.
- Demonstrable communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Time management and prioritisation skills in critical in a fast paced, growth environment.
- Excellent level of commerciality with respect to financial exposure and profitability is critical.
Ability to demonstrate the following values - trust, unity, integrity, proactivity and commitment