Divisional Manager- Heating & Plumbing
Permanent - Wigan and Carnforth
£65K-£70K+Car package +bonus
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity? Are you wanting to progress in your career?
Would you like to be more involved in running the business day to day, for the contractor you're working for?
I have an opportunity that will give the opportunity to grow and develop your own business stream. My client is specialists in plumbing and heating installations and due to new exciting business acquisitions, require an extra Divisional Manager to run their New Build Divisions. The business is a 22million turn over sub-contractor. Your division will be responsible for up to around 8million of this work.
As plumbing and heating divisional manager you will oversee the overall delivering and day to operations of their two new build divisions one based in Wigan and one in Carnforth. We will consider applications from people based near either sites.
You will be required to be responsible for business development of new leads and clients, as well as maintaining existing ones.
You have worked within heating and plumbing sectors for a number of years. Ideally have some connections and contacts within this industry. You will be managing the New Build stream installing plumbing and heating into new build homes for blue chip national housebuilders. You proven experience in working with NEW BUILD projects.
- To develop the existing New Build Plumbing and Heating business, in line with the company's business plan
- To secure work opportunities for the Company in the areas of plumbing and heating markets including New build
- To develop and market the Company and expand our offering including Plumbing & Heating, (New Build)
- To agree targets for the department and develop the business in accordance with those targets.
- To develop a team atmosphere within the department in line with the culture of the business
- To supervise the submission of pre-qualifications
- To provide geographical advice on tender submissions including subcontractor, suppliers and consultants
- To assist where required with tender submissions.
- To supervise all contract staff to achieve tender submissions levels as a minimum.
- To report on all projects Health, safety, quality and environmental performance, costs and values performance against tender/contracts, WIP and retentions, on a monthly basis (Board report)
- To report on workload levels secured and future monthly.
- To report enquiry levels and submission management on a weekly basis
- To manage/supervise any disputes, additional instructions and arising claims from site activities
- To manage WIP and retentions to a minimum risk and exposure
- To overview and sign off major subcontracts and material elements
- To liaise with contractors/sub-contractors as and when required
- To ensure contract compliance, management, and supervision
- To attend progress meetings as and when required
- To recruit contract staff and implementing appropriate training and development
- To ensure the company's Quality and Environmental Management System and Health & Safety at Work documentation and procedures are being effectively implemented and maintained throughout the company.
- To effectively supervise and manage such staff and other resources s may be under your control.
- To co-ordinate and manage the full running and operations of the New Build Plumbing & heating department
- To ensure effective liaison and communications with other departments including Mechanical, electrical, reactive and planned departments, other head office functions including accounts, estimating, quality/submissions, resource management, buying, and all other office staff and functions
- To carry out such other duties as may be ascribed to the post from time to time
You will report directly to the CEO and Company Directors. This is an excellent opportunity to build and develop your own business. For more information and a chat on the role contact me on 07585 967544 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org