My client is a global main building contractor that due to a continually increasing workloads are looking for document controller to join the team in Manchester. The successful applicant will be providing support on all of the projects and is responsible for the organisation's documents. This post involves coordinating with the different project details within an organisation and ensuring that documents are kept in the right location and are accessible to all internal services. The Document Controller must ensure they check and approve documents before they are filed and liaise with internal and external agencies to ensure that documents contain correct, understandable and up-to-date information. The company uses A site document management system so knowledge of this would be advantageous although not essential.
The scheme in mind is in excess of 100million. The project involves engineering. Construction and some bridges works so any experience would advantageous.
- Coordinate all activities related to the Document Control procedure, including technical documents and drawings.
- Input document data into the standard registers ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date.
- Generate the various document control reports as required.
- Support Project and Design Managers by ensuring that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable.
- Maintain updated records of all approved documents and drawings and their distribution clearly.
- Maintain the files and control logs as required by the project.
- Understanding of BIM process (PAS1192-2)
- Working knowledge of BS1192:2007
Qualification/health & Safety Requirements
- Working knowledge of Asite (Desirable)
- Working knowledge of BS1192 (Desirable)
Excellent opportunity to work on large multi-million pound projects and be part of a large active site team.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jade Lear on 0151 737 5560.