Here at Russell Taylor, we have an opening for a document controller to join our client's team in Staffordshire.
To manage and control all project document flow to ensure accurate registration, storage of drawings and specifications and accurate liaison with site team, design team, subcontractors, customers, external suppliers, and work winning staff.
To provide subject matter expertise and coaching on the use of documentation control system to relevant teams and subcontractors.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Manage the requirements for document control on the project to ensure implementation and compliance to standards established within the Business Management System (BMS).
* Identify contractual requirements in relation to document control.
* Ensure accurate control of documentation from tender through to completion and archiving.
* Liaise with project teams to ensure they have a full understanding of document control and system procedures and provide training and instruction as required such that documentation control requirements are met.
* Ensure that procedures are fully implemented to meet requirements of the BMS and other documentation and information systems.
* Manage business archiving such that all documentation is stored efficiently and can always be accessed and referenced.
* Work to continuously improve and enhance procedures and systems utilised for document control.
* Provide feedback such that design and project managers are fully aware of all documentation issues.
* Understand and carry out the role specific requirements of the Business Management System and help to identify opportunities for improvement.
* Support in compilation of H&S file.
* Understanding of IT systems used in documentation control.
* Good experience of document control.
* Basic understanding of BIM.
* An ability to understand how the operations of the department relate to others and work collaboratively to obtain the best outcome for the business.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Determination to see tasks through to completion, with excellent planning and organisation skills.
* Experience of co-ordinating the work of other.