My client are general contractor who deliver projects up to £30m including new build student accommodation and new build commercial schemes. Due to an increase in contract wins they are looking for document controller to join their head office in West Lancashire.
This is a head office based role with occasional visits to sites in the North West.
The successful applicant will be providing support on all of the projects and is responsible for the organisations documents. This post involves coordinating with the different departments within an organisation and ensuring that documents are kept in the right location and are accessible to all internal services. The Document Controller must ensure they check and approve documents before they are filed and liaise with internal and external agencies to ensure that documents contain correct, understandable and up-to-date information.
- Monitor, maintain and distribute drawings and documents for multiple projects using the Document Management System
- Receive, check and accurately record into document management system
- Distribute all projects drawings and documentation in an efficient manner as requested.
- Complete regular checks to ensure the QA process is being followed.
- Where required input progress information at regular intervals as specified by the Design Manager.
- Produce reports on documentation and progress as requested.
- Contribute to compilation of final project reports.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Document control experience working with one of the following packages:
- 4 Projects
- Business Collaboration
- Confident in all MS office programmes.
- Document control experience working for a construction business ideally main contracting
- Ability to manage a busy workload with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent IT Skills
- Essential - Driving Licence
Excellent opportunity to work on large projects with a contractor who can offer a stable work pipeline and friendly working environment.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now or contact Aisling Groarke on 0151 737 5560 for more information.