Dry Cleaning Operative
Airbase UK Interiors is the one of the leading laundry, dry cleaning and kitting providers to UK operators. 'We process over 400,000lbs of dry cleaning ever year and are investing to strengthen this area of the business.'
The Dry Cleaning Operatives count, dry clean and kit inbound dirty interiors from full aircraft and stock from logistics partners into serviceable kits that are ready to be released onto aircraft. Specified wash programmes and inspection criteria are applied during the process with accurate record keeping of paramount importance. The Dry Cleaning Operatives also conduct full daily inspection and maintenance tasks on the equipment to ensure maximum available uptime.
Daily performance is logged and planning reviews are attended by the Dry Cleaning Operatives to ensure our rolling customer schedules are always achieved.
Structured mandatory training and on-the-job training is provided alongside company benefits and early finish on Fridays.
- To receive and weigh aircraft interior stock, ensuring that correct load sizes according to dry cleaning machinery manufacturer's specification.
- Operating multiple dry cleaning machines in accordance with specified settings
- Operate spot cleaning equipment
- Inspect covers for permissible wear, and identify items beyond economic repair or exceeding maximum number of wash cycles.
- Kit and package consignments.
- Maintain thorough documentation throughout the dry cleaning and kitting process
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained in accordance with standard operating procedures. Liaising with external parties to organise maintenance, where necessary.
- Work in accordance with the 5S standards within the work area.
- Assist Stores personnel with unloading of deliveries
- Follow Health & Safety guidelines set out by the Company.
- Carry out other duties as required to assist with the smooth running of the area
- Good communication skills - our business language is English and oral and written communications must be understood
- Basic IT skills, literacy & numeracy
- Manual handling experience
- Self-motivated and work well within teams and autonomously
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Drawings, safety rules, operating instructions, and procedures.
- Lean manufacturing or service and continual process improvement experience.
- Previous Part 21 or Part 145 employee training
- Previous competence gained using dry cleaning equipment