EC&I Design Engineer
RTG are currently recruiting for an EC&I Design Engineer to work on several exciting decommissioning projects within the Nuclear Sector.
* Scheme design generation consisting of - design briefs, user requirements specifications, software definition documents, block cable diagrams, control philosophy documents, scheme functional calculations, scheme design risk assessments, etc.
* Detail design generation consisting of - software system specifications, system Schematics, panel layouts, cable / detail functional calculations, detail design risk assessments, etc.
* Production of manufacturing documentation consisting of - wiring / single line diagrams, schedules, PLC / software code, module / integration tests, factory acceptance tests, method statements, operation, maintenance and installation manuals, technical construction files.
* Take part in - client meetings, testing activities, commissioning activities, post project review meetings
* Maintaining the project's working folder
* Checking and approving of deliverables produced by other team members
* Been responsible for a variety of diverse projects or activities ranging in both size and complexity
* Building services/power discipline experience preferred
* Design experience of LV distribution, lighting, CCTV and hardwired 24vdc control systems.
* AutoCAD Lite experience essential
* Familiar with BS7671 18th Edition and have proven experience of installation calculations.
* EPLAN experience beneficial
* Sound appreciation of manufacturing, assembly and test techniques
* A high level of commercial awareness
* Sufficient technical knowledge and understanding of the industry to be able to technically lead a team, shape the outcome of a project and encourage and assist others in the delivery of that project
* Ability to manage his / her own workload and self-manage to deliver tasks
* Ability to make prioritisation decisions on work
* Ability to read, understand and shape new procedures and standards
* Is expected to need management rather than supervision
* Is expected to be proficient in the production of standard design deliverables
* Is expected to be an experienced user of relevant design tools, techniques and methods
* Is expected to be conversant with legislation and regulations applicable to their role and the projects they are working on
* Degree / HND / Higher Apprenticeship in a related discipline advantageous