RTG are looking to recruit an EC&I Designer to work on a 6 to 12 month contract near Chester. The successful candidate will work with minimal supervision delivering a range of projects within the Oil and Gas industry.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Design and produce all types of drawings & documentation, including instrument loop and electrical circuit diagrams, installation / layout diagrams for cable route and equipment location, block cable diagrams, electrical distribution diagrams, Installation Scopes of Work and material & cable schedules etc.
* Produce designs using AutoCAD packages and be familiar with the use of PC software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, AMTECH cable sizing & distribution system design etc.
* Specify all types of instrument and electrical equipment and be able to carry out tender enquiries for EC&I equipment & obtain quotations.
* Familiar with compiling Tender & Construction Issue Packages for Enquiries, including the necessary design drawings and supporting User Requirement Specifications (URS's), Scopes of Work and Material and Cable Schedules, obtaining quotations and liaising with the Installation Contractor during construction.
* Suitable and relevant qualifications within EC&I is essential
* An understanding of British and International Standards, the use of Company Standards, Industry Regulations and EC Directives, Health and Safety and CDM Regulations and Method Statements and Risk Assessments is essential
* Experience in completing site surveys to measure and investigate, determine equipment locations and cable routes, liaise with client's engineers
* Experience attend and representing at Project Meetings with a range of stakeholders
* A sound instrument and electrical knowledge of process control & electrical requirements in Hazardous and Non - Hazardous Areas within the Chemical Process type industry is essential
* A good working knowledge of ATEX Directives for selection and installation of control and electrical equipment in Hazardous Areas is also required.
* You must be able to design all types of instrument loops (pressure, temperature, flow, level etc), electrical circuits including motor controls, LV distribution, lighting and earthing.
* Knowledge of PLC and DCS control system I/O interfacing is required.