EC&I Engineer - Plymouth
We are looking to recruit an EC&I Engineer on a fixed term contract for 2 years, to act as the Technical Authority on EC&I Capital projects, which are currently ongoing on our Client's Oil Fuel Terminal. You will be ensuring that all aspects of work are executed on time, to budget and in full compliance with company standards and UK / European legislation.
With responsibility for a number of EC&I Engineering tasks within the Capital Projects Team and/or engineering works associated with the terminal assets at any one time. The job entails overseeing professional contract engineers or consultant companies, who conduct engineering and maintenance activities on various projects. There will be a need to build strong credible working relationships with all internal stakeholders and in particular HSEQ, Procurement, other Engineering colleagues as well as with external stakeholders.
* Ensure EC&I Engineering activities within Capital Projects are completed and are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work;
* act as technical lead providing guidance within the team on EC&I matters for Capital and asset care Projects
* plan and manage the programme of works for EC&I tasks associated with Projects delivery in line with company standards and relevant and UK / European legislation;
* develop EC&I scopes of work;
* develop budgets and forecasts for work;
* liaise with other members of the Asset Technical Team on standards & codes;
* apply the MOC process for the life cycle of the project;
* lead and / or Support or ALL OFDs / PSD in their Maintenance and Compliance activities as required.
Degree Qualified ideally at Chartered engineer status or working towards that level, with project management experience preferably within a COMAH regulated industry/operation.
You will possess excellent knowledge underpinned with experience in process control programming languages such as PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) or DCS (Distributed Control Systems)