Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for an EC&I Manager to work for an EPC Contractor just outside of Humberside.
The successful candidate will be required to build a team of both contractors and employees . We envisage the team growing quickly, and are looking for someone who will manage 25-30 people with site contracts valuing £3m - £5m.
* The Engineering Manager will be comfortable in design review meetings, as well as site-based discussions, and will work with clients to build/win jobs.
* They will have a wide-range of local contacts - a strong network of technicians and supervisors.
* They will hold discussions with contractors, i.e. access to site for scaffolders, etc. and will be critical in developing the companies EC&I capability in the field.
* They will organise subcontractors, site, cabins and services and will not be phased by the site/ project management.
* They will conduct toolbox talks and spend more time on sites, so someone who is at home in PPE, site/ Construction-based environment.
* They will spend time in portable buildings and addressing, challenging and leading the workforce, but importantly , they will also be on equally at home as an office-based manager.
* HNC level qualification is essential
* Used to delivering EC&I on top-tier COMAH Sites
* Knows how to order goods and materials, materials take-offs, hiring cabins and generators.
* Must be able to cost work, and know what is needed to do the job.
* The EM will be part of a team that meets the client, and understand the scope
* Interaction with the client:
o Delivery of the job
* A smart thinker who will challenge the norm
* Setting -up jobs:
o Program of works
o Overcoming Threats
* Monitoring performance, productivity and budgets.