Working in the Major Accident Hazard industry engaging in the delivery and oversight of safety critical activities. Need to build strong positive and creditable working relationships with all stakeholders, including particular emphasis with the Depot Managers/Site Managers, Projects, Operations & Engineering functions.
The ability to work with people of differing levels both externally and internally ranging from the Competent Authority (HSE/EA/SEPA), Management and Leadership Teams to site operatives is essential.
Providing a strong site presence, will necessitate the post holder being a self-starter, reliant and able to communicate and lead a vital element of the companies culture.
Education & Experience:
Preferably an Engineering graduate holding NEBOSH qualifications.
A minimum of 2 years' experience in a health and safety role within a COMAH regulated environment. Experience in most aspects of occupational EHS and an awareness of process safety. Understanding of the regulatory aspects of MAHs as these relate to tank storage operations and COMAH regulatory requirements.
- Ability to maintain an effective site presence and communicate with individuals at all levels in the organisation
- Understanding and application of the requirements of COMAH
- Knowledge in the application of EHS principles within an operational organisation.
- Knowledge in the application of auditing principles
- Awareness of the application of ALARP within the MAH industry
- Knowledge in the application of risk assessment, such as HAZOPs, HAZIDs, Bowtie FMECA, Design Reviews, preferably within the oil and gas industry
- Skill in technical report analysis and writing
- Must possess a working knowledge of HSE Management Systems
- Comply with The Fundamental Principles of the company.
- Promote process safety leadership as the core of client's culture.
- Demonstrate Leadership competencies.
- Be a key contributor to the HSSEQ Team to support and meet the business and team objectives.
- Ensure activities completed are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Consistently maintain a professional approach in day to day activities.
- Ensure effective and appropriate communication at all times.
- Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
- Provide a visible onsite presence at site
- Occasionally provide a visible onsite presence at other sites.
- Provide site leads with HSSE advice on technical, process safety and occupational HSE (with support of HSSEQ team).
- Conduct HSSE assurance inspections and audits of contractor activities; ensuring compliance with Agency standards and requirements
- Provide assistance to contractors in improving HSSE and Quality performance.
- Provide regular reports on HSSE performance.
- Assist site leads in developing systems, processes, etc to ensure activities undertaken are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Support the implementation of new projects to enable safety and effectiveness of design and operations through legislative compliance; identification and management of risk factors and the principles of ALARP for COMAH sites.
- Support the existing HSSEQ team by regular communications.
- Promotion of the delivery of key health, safety, environment and quality targets and success factors for core business functions, and propose new, more cost effective ways of meeting HSSE and Quality requirements.
- Monitor the timely close-out of corrective actions and produce regular reports