Electrical and Control Engineer
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for an Electrical and Control Engineer to work for a market leading System Integrator in Oxfordshire.
The successful candidate will provide complete controls design including electrical design, software design and commissioning within cost and time scale constraints for material-handling projects, whilst ensuring the solution meets the requirements for each project.
Electrical Design Responsibilities:
- To interpret design input information to produce control system designs
- To produce design and manufacturing programmes
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design / safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals
- Design and production of electrical layout and schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Procurement of electrical equipment including control panels and field devices
- Liaising with suppliers on technical matters
- Procurement of electrical installation services and liaise with suppliers on technical matters
- Liaise with electrical installation supervisors and subcontractors
Software Design Responsibilities:
- Production of completed PLC software for control of a material handling sub system, including safety compliant code for safety portion
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to Functional Design Specifications, test specifications and commissioning checklists
- To produce databases to facilitate production of a visualisation system
- To assist in factory testing of the visualisation system prior to sending to site
- Design, production and test of conveyor control software.
- Emulation testing / virtual commissioning of completed PLC software prior to commencing on site
- To assist in development of standard blocks and solutions
- To produce required health and safety documentation including, but not limited to method statements and risk assessments
- To commission controls systems on site and to provide support to system integration commissioning activities
- To provide control system training for the end user
Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or related relevant discipline
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including controls design and commissioning within an automation based industry, ideally within the automated warehouse industry
- Previous use of CAD tools, (AutoCAD, EPLAN)
- Good understanding of PLCs (Siemens or Allen Bradley)
- Good understanding of fieldbus systems and I/O equipment, e.g. Profibus, Profinet, ASi, TCP/IP
- Good understanding of other controls automation related equipment, e.g. Bar code scanners, HMIs, Variable frequency drives
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
- To be conversant with AutoCAD, E-plan, Word, Excel, Project, Outlook.