Role: Mechanical / Electrical Laboratory Test Technician
Location: Chester, North West UK
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a mechanical and Electrical laboratory test technician to join our client based in Chester. If you have experience working within a laboratory / 17025, testing environment and ideally an M & E HNC please get in touch. We would also like to hear from candidates who have completed their apprenticeship within Electrical / Mechanical or an Engineering NVQ Level 3. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business and enter into the testing engineering industry.
- To test products, following documented test procedures and standards while working to deadlines.
- A good understanding of testing to relevant national/international standards.
- Awareness of calibration and maintenance of test equipment in a specialised technical environment.
- Preparation of customer test reports.
- Performing the above whilst meeting the requirements of the laboratory's UKAS accreditation and Health and Safety Policies.
- M & E HNC / HND or served apprenticeship with mechanical, electrical disciplines; Engineering based NVQ Level 3 or relevant experience.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment conducting testing, working to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 or working within a test Lab would be an advantage.
- You must have an understanding of the safety aspects of test procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate a proactive approach to the work, together with excellent written and verbal communication (English) together and a good level of computer literacy. Ability to write detailed technical reports would be beneficial.
- A strong desire to learn and identify/rectify problems
- Ability to multi-task and positively manage changes to workload
- Work independently and well as part of a team
- Positive, proactive attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Required to move and lift heavy samples and test equipment