Electrical Bias Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Salary - £29,500+
Our Client is the leading solution provider for adhesives, sealants and functional coatings both nationally and internationally.
We are looking for an Electrical Multi-skilled Technician. The job holder will support the Manufacturing Site to Maintain, Repair and Improve the Production Equipment and Site where needed. The site has multiple bulk mixing plants, packaging and warehouse facilities.
The key challenges will include:
- Maintain the Production Plant and Site Equipment using the work routines issued from the Computer Maintenance Management System
- Respond as quickly as possible to any line stoppages or breakdowns reported via the Manufacturing Teams
- Take an active part in Continuous Improvement Teams and work on identified problems
- Support Trials for new products and / or packaging when needed
- Complete Work Requestors for non Production Line Specific Improvements. i.e minor repairs to building, doors etc or bolting / screwing articles in place, etc.
- Do weekly asset checks on Machines / Plant
- Support the training process for operators
- Ensures the adherence to Health, Safety and Welfare at Work systems and procedures
- Appropriate Engineering Qualifications to City and Guilds, HND, OND, HTEC, TEC, NVQ Level 2/3 , 17th Edition IEE wiring regulation or equivalent
- Practical skills to include electrical installation, electrical / mechanical fault finding, basic machine PLC's software skills, Desirable skills would include welding, fabricating, pipe fitting, turning, milling, hydraulics
- Experience within a Fast Manufacturing Consumer Goods environment desirable
- Numerate and Computer literate
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexible, decisive, good organisation & self planning skills
- Self assured and able to challenge working methods
- Good communication with a sense of urgency to direct efforts towards clear objectives & to focus on outcomes
- Receptive to ideas and supportive of others