Russell Taylor is recruiting for an Electrical Instrument Calibration Engineer to work for a global calibration powerhouse. It is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a multitude of customers, ensuring they recieve a first class service.
* Calibration of Electrical Measuring equipment, Digital Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, Current Probes, Special to type Test Box's
* Calibration of electrical instrumentation to in-house or National / International standards
* Fault finding
* Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system
* Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files
* Assist with on the job training when required
* Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
* Participate in Inter-laboratory measurement audits
* Ensure customer satisfaction and timely turn-around on all equipment and service
* Perform other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and orderly manner,
* Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Quality Manager within the facility.
* Ensure that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times.
* Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted timescale and target dates and ensure proper control.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
* Ideally technical qualification such as degree, HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above.
* Extensive calibration knowledge and UKAS certification preferred.
* Knowledge of calibration practices and theories, analogue and digital circuit analysis.
* Electrical maintenance experience.
* Knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software.
* Experience of working within Customer focused environment preferably within an aerospace or automotive sector