This role will be working with the design team, reporting to the Engineering manager.
As a Design Engineer you will be responsible for the creation of control system designs using CAD and in house design tools to produce electrical schematics, control panel arrangement drawings,
Daily responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Reviewing contracts and liaising with the Sales Department and customers to ensure that all technical information is available to enable contract design.
- Reading contract specifications with a view to understanding full system / application requirements.
- Provide customers with best advice / solutions to suit their application / budget.
- Providing information to the Purchasing Department to allow forward ordering of components critical to the contract design.
- Produce electrical schematic and external connection drawings.
- Produce control panel general arrangement drawings.
- Produce accurate bills of materials for control panel and associated ancillary equipment.
- Produce necessary manufacturing instructions for production and test departments.
- Satisfy Health & Safety objectives at all times whether working in the office or on the factory floor.
- Experience will count for more than qualifications; preferably a minimum of three years' experience in control panel design.
- Electrical Engineering