ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - SOUTHAMPTON
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for Electrical Design Engineers in the Southampton area.
Our Client delivers complex turnkey engineering projects in several sectors, including; Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear. Their in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC's, PLC's, SCADA and automation systems.
They are seeking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer to join their Office in Southampton. The role is working as part of a multi-disciplined team, responsible for the design and management of a variety of different projects including water and wastewater treatment plants. Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, individuals will be responsible for managing all aspects of electrical design, including:
* Responsible for the management of project specific design deliverables
* Interpreting and understanding client requirements from client documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc.)
* Communication with client, external design resources and subcontractors to ensure compliance with specification
* Site surveys of existing assets and feasibility studies
* Production of procurement specifications for electrical equipment and production of detailed design construction drawings
* Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams
* Review of vendors controls system Functional design Specifications for compliance with our requirements.
* Review of vendor data and drawings for all electrical equipment and package plant, motor control centres, power distribution panels and field equipment panels
* Management of internal and external project specific design costs in liaison with the Project Manager
* Undertaking and checking of design calculations including modelling of the complete power system (AMTECH)
* Assist in the development of process control philosophies with the Process Engineer and suppliers. Production of URS documentation
* Production of electrical scope and works enquiry submission documents
* Estimation of material and labour costs
* Undertake design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals
* Responsible for preparing detailed electrical specifications
* Responsible for the production of single line and block cable diagrams, load schedules, equipment specifications, cable schedules, equipment schedules, telemetry schedules, instrument schedules and I/O listings
* An appropriate electrical qualification is required
* Chartered membership of a relevant professional institution is an advantage but not essential
* A background working in industrial automation or process industries