Electrical Design Engineer
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer to work for a well-established System Integrator in Warrington.
The position involves designing Low Voltage Motor Control Centres (MCCs), Starters/Control Panels, PLC/ICA Sections, LV Switchboards and Distribution Boards for large blue-chip clients to the highest standards of quality and Health and Safety. You will need to be able to determine the design requirements from client specifications to enable you to produce General Arrangement and Schematics for client approval and manufacture.
It is essential that you demonstrate technical expertise to be able to design and produce schematic diagrams for various types of MCCs, LV Switchboards, Control Panels, Starters (of all control methods i.e. DOL, Star/Delta, VSDs etc.) and Instrumentation and Control i.e PLCs, 4-20mA Loops, Level and Pressure etc. A good knowledge of electrical control and protection, electrical distribution theory and cable sizing will also be required.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
* You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills with both internal and external clients, an ability to understand and solve problems and excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
* You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of managing design projects to ensure they are delivered on time and in budget.
* You will need to produce drawings on an Electrical CAD package (Promise-e V8i) so experience using AutoCAD or similar is essential.
* You should have good computer skills and be conversant in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* The successful candidate will possess one of the following; Degree/HNC/HND/ONC in Electrical, Electronic, Controls Engineering or a relevant technical engineering qualification such as City and Guilds.
* You should also hold a full UK driving license as the position involves travel throughout the UK.
Please follow the instructions below to apply: