The company are one of UK's leading suppliers of LV switchgear and control gear systems for specific sectors.
Currently looking to hire an Electrical Design Engineer
To design and produce electrical control and distribution panels through to commissioning. Provide Technical Support for Shop Floor employees and external customers.
(ideal candidate will have all or some of these - you will develop in this role and learn new skills)
- Provide Technical Support for Shop Floor employees and external customers
- Project Management of each job - design, technical, purchasing, quality, after care support and testing
- Parts lists, general arrangements, orders for customers and manage own projects
- Work to and maintain the production schedule
- Review profit and loss of each job
- Apply knowledge, skill and experience to design and implementation of new innovative solutions
- Carry out contract reviews as per the requirements of the quality procedure
- Understand and take responsibility for following the delegated authority
- Ensure all activities undertaken are fully compliant with quality management system and in accordance with health and safety requirements
- Adhere to health and safety rules and regulations, on site and on customer sites.
- Minimum - HNC in Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Working knowledge of Engineering design system (3D CAD packages)
- Knowledge in product design lifecycle - from concept to introduction into manufacturing (ideally in safety critical industry)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for producing innovative design solutions
- Strong team player
- IT competant
A desired requirment is Project Management Experience or leading/involvement of individual projects