Electrical Divisional Manager
My client are a specialist sub-contractor that are looking to develop and grow the electrical division. To do this they are in the market for a Divisional Manager to run the electrical business. They would like the successful electrical manager to join to further develop the teams and business streams. They business stands at a £1.7million Turnover, they would like to have plans to increase this to £5million.
As a business they operate in a variety of sectors, within commercial and housing, renewables and maintenance. They need a strong electrical man manager, that has excellent client relationship and business development abilities.
Responsibilities will include;
- To develop a business plan for the Electrical division, with year on year growth and profitability
- To secure work opportunities for the Company in the areas of Electrical markets including all geographical areas covered by the company
- To develop and market the Company and expand our offering including, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing & Heating, Social housing, Renewables and reactive & planned maintenance.
- To agree targets for the department and develop the business in accordance with those targets.
- To develop a team atmosphere within the department in line with the culture of the business
- To supervise the submission of expressions of interest, pre-qualifications, and tenders
- To provide advice on tender submissions including subcontractor, suppliers, and consultants
- To assist where required with tender submissions including estimating.
- To supervise all contract staff to achieve tender submissions levels as a minimum.
- To report on all projects Health, safety, quality and environmental performance, costs and values performance against tender/contracts, work in progress (WIP) and retentions, on a monthly basis (Board report)
- To report on workload levels secured and future monthly.
- To report enquiry levels and submission management on a weekly basis
- To manage/supervise any disputes, additional instructions and arising claims from site activities
- To manage WIP and retentions to a minimum risk and exposure
- To overview and sign off major subcontracts and material elements
- To liaise with contractors/sub-contractors as and when required
- To recruit contract staff and implementing appropriate training and development
- To ensure the company's Quality and Environmental Management System and Health & Safety at Work documentation and procedures are being effectively implemented and maintained throughout the company.
- To effectively supervise and manage such staff and other resources as may be under your control.
- To co-ordinate and manage the full running and operations of the Electrical department
- To ensure effective liaison and communications with other departments including Plumbing, heating, reactive and planned departments, other head office functions including accounts, estimating, quality/submissions, resource management, buying, and all other office staff and functions
In return you can be giving the chance to develop and run your own division. To apply for the role email your CV to Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 07585 967544 for more information.