We are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer (electrically bias) to join a small support team on site for production maintenance. The role will involve establishing effective machine set-up, Preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance and change over methods, to maximise line utilisation and efficiencies.
- To carry out planned maintenance activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan.
- Attend and repair breakdowns as required, and report all actions carried out and any further actions required
- All engineering requests are completed by the agreed completion date.
- Ensure equipment provides product to a high quality standard
- Be proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications.
- Provide a service that meets agreed service levels, including minimising downtime and communicating effectively with relevant personnel.
- Maintain and help improve health and safety standards and ensure that staff work in a safe environment by eliminating, minimising and controlling risks to themselves and others.
- Ensuring machine safety to ensure no lost time or reportable accidents / incidents.
- To constantly challenge and report any UNSAFE working practises by completion of a "near miss" report form and liaison with the area representative of employee safety.
- Undertake training as required to further enhance individual's skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the front line operations remains effective and efficient.
- Identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions through the use of problem solving skills, tools and techniques.
- In consultation with the appropriate personnel, be able to correctly prioritise the work load for the overall benefit of the site performance.
- Being able to work to agreed deadlines where necessary.
- To comply with GMP by constantly working to all relevant written procedures, especially in relation to the completion of engineering logs, machine logs, equipment set up and operation procedures.
- Provide speedy and effective "trouble shooting" support to remedy line problem during production runs on all processes; but with particular reference to automatic lines.
- To be responsible for the issue and receipt of production equipment and tooling in accordance with the correct procedures.
- Monitoring and reporting the stock levels and usage of critical spares for all equipment.
- Work closely with other members of the Company to establish priority for his work which meets company objectives.