Our client is currently looking an electrically bias maintenance engineer to join a small support team on site for production maintenance. The main duties you would be involve in would be establishing effective machine set-up, Preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance and change over methods, to maximise line utilisation and efficiencies.
Your responsibilities as a Maintenance engineer will be:
- You need to carry out the day to day planned maintenance activities as scheduled on the maintenance plan.
- To attend and repair breakdowns as required, and report all actions carried out and any further actions required
- Be proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving the overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications.
- Provide a service that meets agreed service levels, including minimising downtime and communicating effectively with relevant personnel.
- Maintain and help improve health and safety standards and ensure that staff work in a safe environment by eliminating, minimising and controlling risks to themselves and others.
- Ensuring machine safety to ensure no lost time or reportable accidents / incidents as well as constantly challenge and report any unsafe working practises by completion of a "near miss" report form and liaison with the area representative of employee safety.
- Undertake training as required to further enhance your skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the front line operations remains effective and efficient.
- Be able to identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions through the use of problem solving skills, tools and techniques.
- Be able to correctly prioritise the work load for the overall benefit of the site performance.
- You will need to be able to work to agreed deadlines where necessary.
- To comply with GMP by constantly working to all relevant written procedures, especially in relation to the completion of engineering logs, machine logs, equipment set up and operation procedures.
- Provide speedy and effective "trouble shooting" support to remedy line problem during production runs on all processes; but with particular reference to automatic lines.
- You will be responsible for the issue and receipt of production equipment and tooling in accordance with the correct procedures.
- You will also be monitoring/ reporting the stock levels and generating lists of stock that will need to be ordered.
- Work closely with other senior management to establish priority for his work which meets your employer's objectives.
To be successful in your new role you will have:
- A recognised time served apprenticeship and gained Qualification in Electrical / electronic engineering to Level 3, ONC, HNC, along with a good understanding of Mechanical elements.
- A minimum of 4 year's experience gained within a manufacturing Environment
- You will need to be a highly motivated person, with ambition to be a high achiever
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- 37.5 hour working week at standard
- Overtime rates
- Uncapped overtime
- Full Onsite Facilities
- Career progression and development
- 3% employers payment contribution