Russell Taylor are working with a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company, specialising in Automation, Control, IT Solutions and Services, with major customers in the Power Generation, Nuclear, Utilities and Industrial Sectors. The company is renowned for its technical excellence and innovation, project delivery, quality and safety.
We are looking to recruit an electrical engineer, to be involved with the Energy and Industry team, responsible for designing electrical solutions for Control System implementation focused primarily on PLCs, Drives & Controls, MCCs, Switchgear and Cabling.
The role will be based in Staffordshire.
This role includes preparation, review and checking electrical calculations and design and progress monitoring to electrical time and cost budgets, ensuring quality of design documentation is achieved. The successful candidate should be commercially aware and be capable of managing MCC or Electrical Installation Subcontracts. The work may involve travel with the possibility of some periods away at customer sites carrying out surveys, designing solutions, supervision of subcontractors and commissioning.
- Knowledge of Motor Control Centres, Motor Control Gear and Switchgear
- Design of electrical cabling and containment systems, including cable sizing for power and earthing conductors
- Knowledge of designing electrical panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), LV modular distribution systems incorporating MCCbs, Transformers or Switchboards
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
- Experience of managing subcontracts (MCC's, E & I Installation, standby power generation etc.)
- A good working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation
- Able to Develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
- Thorough understanding of, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 17th or 18th Edition Wiring Regs
- Understanding of IEC BS EN 60439-1,Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies
- Awareness of Hazardous Area applications (ATEX)
- Awareness of Functional Safety applications BSEN 61508
- BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Will hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineering status
- Experience of at least 6 years post graduate experience or 8 years post HND experience on successful project implementation
- Knowledge of Instrumentation
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work within and lead a team
- Flexible methods of working
- Confidence to work within a multidisciplinary design team