Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for an Electrical Service Engineer in Staffordshire to work for a Leading System Integrator within the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets.
The successful candidates will be joining a service team that prides itself on their delivering market-leading systems for large-scale business-critical Instrumentation, Control and Automation & IT applications.
Summary of Role:
Working within the Service & Support team, the key activities will include:-
* Design, testing, installation and commissioning of small project works.
* Routine Maintenance tasks e.g. Site Surveys, Technical Audits, System Health Checks, Spares Management, Obsolescence Reporting, Disaster Recovery Work (Backup & Restore), System Upgrades and Patching.
* Helping customers to fault-find and rectify problems via telephone, web, email etc. and where required, to respond to the customer's site to carry out emergency repairs. This will include 'out-of-hours' work (rota-based).
* Completion of Service Reports and other project documentation when required.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team servicing a number of clients and will have several years' experience from working in a similar role. The work will vary depending on the clients' needs but typically includes some small projects work, some routine maintenance and some reactive support calls. In each case suitable training will be provided to ensure they are able to perform their duties.
* A good electrical engineering background
* Current driving licence
* Good Communicator and well organised
* Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
* Willingness to attend at customer sites both individually (especially) and as part of a team (on occasions)
* Willingness to undertake out of hours work on a rota basis
* 18th Edition
* GE D200, D25, D20 experience
* Schneider Talus T4e experience
* Ability to gain SC clearance