Role: Electronic / Electrical Certification Engineer
Salary: Highly Competitive
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical / Electronic certification Engineer to join a Global Test & Inspection Company based within the Chester area. The ideal candidate will have the ability to demonstrate an understanding of Certification processes for electronic/electrical safety products. You will have a good understanding of testing standards, certification procedures, be customer focused and have the ability to provide advice and technical knowledge to clients.
- Assessment of equipment for certification against distributed standards (HAZLOC/ATEX testing)
- Provide advice to clients on testing products.
- Specify and in some cases conduct appropriate test programmes in accordance with the relevant standards
- Planning of project process, approval and execution of product tests.
- Evaluate costs and specify the necessities for testing samples
- Conduct on-site assessments and/or test work at the clients' premises- travel may be required.
- Prepare reports and certification documents.
- Ensure that project work is conducted within budget and in accordance with in-house procedures.
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Experience of working in a compliance or certification field- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the certification process.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal)
- Ability to problem solve.
- Project management skills are a must
- High level of computer literacy
- A full UK driving licence- Willingness to travel in the UK and also overseas if required.
- Independent worker as well and ability to work in a team
- Ability to apply technical judgements where necessary