Role: Senior Electrical Certification Engineer
Location: North West
Salary: Highly Competitive
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical / Electronic certification Engineer to join a Global Test & Inspection Company based within the Chester area. The ideal candidate will have the ability to demonstrate an understanding of Certification processes for electronic/electrical safety products and come from an oil & gas or manufacturing background. You will have a good understanding of testing standards, certification procedures, be customer focused and have the ability to provide advice and technical knowledge to clients.
· Assessment of equipment for certification against distributed standards (HAZLOC/ATEX testing)
· Provide advice to clients on testing products.
· Specify and in some cases conduct appropriate test programmes in accordance with the relevant standards
· Planning of project process, approval and execution of product tests.
· Evaluate costs and specify the necessities for testing samples
· Conduct on-site assessments and/or test work at the clients' premises- travel may be required.
· Prepare reports and certification documents.
· Ensure that project work is conducted within budget and in accordance with in-house procedures.
· Degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
· Experience of working in a compliance or certification field- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the certification process with the Oil & Gas or Manufacturing field.
· Excellent communication (written & verbal)
· Ability to problem solve.
· Project management skills are a must
· High level of computer literacy
· A full UK driving licence- Willingness to travel in the UK and also overseas if required.
· Independent worker as well and ability to work in a team
· Ability to apply technical judgement where necessary