Responsible for all reactive & preventative maintenance across a variety of critical equipment including LV electrical distribution systems, motors, drives, switch gear, fire alarms, control systems and instrumentation in
respect to Engineering activities within the Oil Fuel Depots. Ensuring that all aspects of work are executed ont ime and in full compliance with company standards and UK / European legislation.
You will need to hold relevant Engineering Craft/ Technician discipline and
completed a Modern Day Craft Apprenticeship , or be assessed as competent with relevant experience ; have the ability to work collaboratively with other team members and others with whom they may have dealings in a professional manner.
You will be providing engineering support in areas of electrical maintenance,instrumentation and have the attributes to develop further in the in the areas of control, functional safety, and Basic Plant Control System.
There will be a need to build strong credible working relationships with all internal stakeholders and in particular
Asset Maintenance, HSSEQ, Depot Managers and other colleagues.
▪ Comply with The Fundamental Principles of the Agency.
▪ Embrace process safety, which is the core of OPA's culture, to ensure all the activities in which they engage are carried out safely and in compliance with the policies and procedures laid out and raise any
concerns on safety with the line manager.
▪ Individuals are responsible for the health and safety of themselves and others by what they do or fail to do, as is legally obligated by the Health & Safety Act (1974).
o Must wear PPE as appropriate and instructed.
o Must adopt/comply with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) & Risk Assessment.
o Adhere to Permit to Work Procedures.
▪ Ensure all work activities are completed and are fully compliant with the organisations policies,
procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety.
▪ In conjunction with your supervisor, progress and complete training plans as identified by your annual appraisal and competency matrix.
▪ Maintain a professional approach in day to day activities.
▪ Ensure effective and appropriate communication at all times.
▪ Report on activities and provide relevant management information
▪ Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
These duties include, but are not limited to:
▪ Provide Electrical & Instrumentation Maintenance activities and technical support for day to day operations across the Oil Fuel Depots.
▪ Knowledge of variable speed drives, basic instrumentation - (Level, pressure, flow, temperature) and electrically motorised control valves
▪ Troubleshoot assigned Electrical and Instrumentation problems, resolving and documenting any issues.
▪ Complete routine and quality inspections of Instrumented systems across the OPA.
▪ Understanding of current legislation and statutory requirements, including DSEAR, EAWR & HASAWA,
to ensure full compliance.
▪ Complete all assigned tasks, safely, to the required quality and timeframes (Including investigation/troubleshooting, planned repair scopes, preventative and predictive maintenance, and equipment installation) in accordance with HASAWA requirements.
▪ Carry out planned maintenance activities and defect rectification efficiently.
▪ Ability to read and red line produce electrical drawings, P & IDs and schedules
▪ Identify faults in depot systems, components to enable repair.
▪ Reinstate the work area after completing the maintenance of depot, systems and components.
▪ Conduct safe and effective handover of depot systems and equipment to others and accept and confirm
responsibility for the control of the depot systems and equipment within the work area isolation boundary.
▪ Willingness to complete overtime when asked
▪ Fixing equipment that has broken down
▪ Completing work related paperwork, (Job Request Sheets, Planned Maintenance Cards etc).
▪ Be familiar with work planning and scheduling
▪ Delegate assigned spares/replacement equipment in line with site quality procedures.
▪ Ability to train and mentor others in maintenance or operations including apprentices.
▪ Have the drive to take on further training and develop themselves.
▪ Carry out any reasonable task as requested by the management team.