Are you a NVQ Level 3 Qualified Electrician (or equivalent) looking for an opportunity to join a highly thriving Manufacturing Organisation and start a new career where you can fully utilise the skills you have worked hard to acquire? Do you want to join a 'close-knit team' who work hard together and get results?
If the answer is YES... this opportunity we have could be perfect for you!!
Our client is a global distributor of plastics and chemicals, joining their business with your electrical skills will ensur that their 'on time' deliveries are received OTIF by ensuring the smooth running of the Plant machinery.
Your New Role
You will be carrying out the duties of a competent industrial Electrical Technician, performing project, planned, preventative and reactive maintenance on all equipment on site in accordance with company policies and procedures. Applying best practise standards in all areas of H&S, Quality Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures and Job Safety Analysis.
As the new Electrical Technician you will complete weekly electrical inspections; Fire Alarm testing and recording; Emergency Lighting monitoring, repairs and recording; prioritise workloads between reactive, planned and preventative to the requirements of production and services; complete accurate and timely documentation and correspondence (electronic and paper); participate in Lean manufacturing activities that include 5's, Kanban stock control and waste management; attend all meetings that require electrical engineers presence and participation; complete accurate and timely documentation and correspondence (electronic and paper); clean, maintain, store and service tools and equipment used in the performance of your duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out a range of industrial electrical, repair and installation works across site and respond to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service in a timely and efficient manner and ensuring the clear, concise and accurate records are kept.
- Operate a selection of tools where trained in a safe and compliant manner.
- Comply with Company Quality procedures at all times.
- To electrically test and inspect including commissioning to the IEE Regulations.
- Report promptly to the next line of supervision available any problems encountered on site.
- Assist the Department in the completion of tasks on time and to a high standard ensuring a clear, concise and effective and efficient handover is completed to colleagues.
- Comply at all times with the required Health & Safety standards governing your role and the Company.
- Maintain polite and good communication with all internal/external customers and colleagues.
- Be prepared to undertake other reasonable duties as required within your level of capability.
- Attend training events to develop relevant knowledge and skills where required.
- Train and assist work colleagues where required.
The key duties listed are not exhaustive but the above points represent the key areas of the role of an industrial Electrical Technician.
- Double Days 6-2 2-10
- 24 hours 5 days a week Plant. Overtime on weekends (7am-3pm) T 1/2 Saturday Tx2 Sunday. Overtime in the week paid a T1/2
- Salary £33,803 (with overtime opportunities)
- Holidays 23 Days + 8 B/H - Increases to 26 Days plus Bank Holiday with length of service (5 years)
- Team Events and Outtings to Races, Sports Events and Dinners
- Free fruit throughout the week to promote health and well being across the business.
Please submit your CV through to me by clicking on the link to apply.
This role is business critical and we will be interviewing immediately.
I look forward to receiving you application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager