We are currently seeking a Test Engineer to join our team in Leeds. This is a permanent full-time position.
Day to day duties include testing of Motor Control Centres (MCC's) on factory and customer sites, supporting the project team by developing, methodologies, programmes, method statements and risk assessments.
Ideally candidates would have experience specific in;
- Proven Electrical experience - being able to demonstrate Electrical competency
- Good technical and organisational skills
Job Description - Specific Role & Responsibilities
The role of a Test Engineer will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
- Attendance at site meetings with representatives from our clients engineering and operational teams
- Undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing for major items of plant
- Good overall understanding of electrical circuits principles, and in particular motor control, switchgear and automation.
- Understanding of single and 3 phase electrical supplies including isolation and control
- Must be able to work/fault find from circuit diagrams
- Inspection of electrical products, panels and systems
- Familiar with electrical test equipment- Mustimeters, Earth leakage testers, flash tester etc.
- Familiar with electrical standards and legislation
- Some basic knowledge of PLC systems and VSDs but necessarily programming but an overview level would be an advantage but not essential
- Must be able to work as part of a time you will be expected to interface with others as well as customers
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and able to work on own initiative
If the role develops and the candidate would like to step into a field-based role the below responsibilities may be expected:
- Liaising with our suppliers and subcontractors throughout the on-site installation & commissioning process
- The installation, interfacing and setting to work of equipment including:
- Motor Control Centres
- Pumping Plant
- Process Equipment
- Various Instrumentation
- Knowledge of PLC software packages would be a distinct advantage
The ideal candidate will ideally (not essential) possess the following:
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Relevant qualifications inc. CSCS card, EUSR Card Blue Water, Scottish Water DOMS, JIB/ECS)
This role will be factory based for at least 80% of the working week with some occasional site-based work.