Role: - Electrical Test Engineer-Fire Detection Team
Location- Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Salary- Up to £28,000
Russell-Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a test engineer to join our clients global Testing & Certification Company. You will join the fire detection team working as an electrical safety testing engineer within the laboratories. If you have experience in testing electrical products and this role seems of interest to you, please apply within.
- Undertaking precision measurements within a lab environment- working to agree quality, standards and procedures on all projects.
- Testing electrical products for safety, efficiency, fit for purpose and/or bespoke customer requirements.
- Review and complete test reports
- Customer facing role- dealing with clients to discuss various testing requirements
- Strong project management skills required-interaction and engagements with clients at various levels from technicians up to directors
- Liaise with calibration department on the maintenance and use of equipment to carry out testing.
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Operate in line with quality and safety procedures to the requirements of ISO 17025
- Electrical Bias-experience with testing electrical products
- Electrical engineering qualification/or relevant industry based experience
- Ability to build relationships with clients-strong communication skills
- Project management skills required-managing multiple projects & audit work- Excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills- to liaise with clients
- Drive for development and progression
- Knowledge of familiarity of lean culture and tools is advantageous
Key Words: Test engineer, testing, Electrical, Fire, labs, project management, audit