Role: - Electrical Test Engineer (testing laboratories)
Location: - Leicestershire
Salary & benefits: - Up to £28,000 (DOE), 27-day holiday, life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance, private medical insurance, health cash plan, dental insurance, health screening, employee assistance programme, cycle to work, gym discounts, season ticket loan, eye care & travel insurance and up to 8% ER pension contribution
Russell-Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for a test engineer to join our client's global testing company. You will be working within a team as a test engineer focusing on the safety of electrical products for global consumers. This is a client facing so if you have strong communication skills, project management experience and engineering testing experience please apply within.
**PLEASE NOTE ALL INTERVIEWS ARE TAKING PLACE ON THURSDAY 4TH AUGUST**
- Working within the laboratory undertaking precise testing measurements for safety, fit for purpose and for consumer requirements.
- Creating test set-ups/test rigs to stimulate normal reality conditions of the products.
- Calibration checks are performed on testing equipment
- Interpret and navigate standards to perform a test and obtain results
- When not in the lab, you will be required to help scope out new efficiencies within testing and generate new proposals of CAPEX to get new equipment and methods.
- You will also review and complete test reports
- Regular contact and engagement with clients from technicians to directors to discuss testing requirements
- Manage multiple projects
- Education in Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience working in industrial/commercial settings with use of testing equipment that includes multimeters, flash testers or earth bond testers
- Experience of working in either a manufacturing or laboratory environment would be preferred
- Understand electrical principles
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Experience of project management- as you will be setting up multiple test rigs and coordinating multiple projects.
- Previous experience of interpreting and reporting technical data and writing test reports
- Resourceful and solution focused
- Flexible approach to work and proactive
- Excellent attention to detail