We are looking for electricians and mates based in or around Merseyside area to join a new arm of a long-standing company. Electricians will get a van and fuel card, 25 days holiday plus eight bank holidays, healthcare cover and this company also has a discount scheme for a number of retail shops.
This position has a lot of travel involved and you will be expected to stay over in different locations around the UK, accommodation and food allowance is supplied. On the job you will start being paid after your first 30 minutes of driving. Whist away if you work over 8 hours you will be given an extra 2 hours per shift. We are looking for electricians who have experience in electrical vehicle charging stations or who would like to get into the electrical vehicle charging station industry as training will be given. To be successful you will need:-
- 18th edition qualified.
- NVQ Level 3 qualification.
- Industry assessment of occupational competence AM2.
- Experience in the Industrial sector.
- City & Guilds 2391 - Inspection & Testing preferred but not essential at this time
- City & Guilds 2191 EV Charging preferred but not essential as training will be provided
- Experience in Electric Vehicle Charing installations preferred but not essential as training will be provided
Basic Job details
- Installation of Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment, AC up to 44kW and DC up to 350kW.
- Installation of all associated electrical infrastructure including LV panel boards, steel containment systems and SWA cabling.
- Commissioning of systems and testing and inspection of electrical installations.
Your Key responsibilities will be
- Perform and adhere to Safe Electrical Isolation procedure of existing live circuits.
- Installation of various EV charging equipment
- low voltage wiring systems.
- Installation of various cable containment systems.
- Testing & Energisation of systems up to 1000V, including new and modified electrical installations.
- Ensure all operational procedures, safe working practices and H&S procedures are adhered to.
- Carry out any reasonable tasks in accordance with your position, aiming to add value.
- Ability to read and interpret Electrical Schematic Diagrams and Drawings.
- To identify and communicate any problems/barriers affecting realisation of potential business or opportunities for improvements to your manager, with suggestions for resolution where possible.
- Communicate, to appropriate people, information obtained on such subjects as customer activities, product applications, problems, and opportunities in a timely and effective manner.
- To utilise company systems to facilitate effective communications: e-mail & telephone.