Electronic Repair Technician
RTG are looking to recruit an Electronic Repair Technician to join a small team in Staffordshire. The successful candidate will troubleshoot, test, repair and assemble electronic circuit boards and electro-mechanical components. The key activities will involve working on a mix of new and older technologies, dependent upon the customer, but including:
* Fault-finding to board level on technically advanced systems from global suppliers, including industrialised PC's and associated peripherals
* Modifications & upgrades to systems under support, sometimes at component level
* Component level fault finding and repair of the Company's own hardware products, including surface mount and older TTL/CMOS technologies
The role is primarily office-based but will require occasional sitework. The person must therefore be comfortable in a customer facing position and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Will have worked within an ISO 9001 compliant quality system
* Will be proficient in the use of electronic multi-meters, meggers and other test equipment
* Able to read and interpret circuit diagrams, general assembly prints and parts lists
* Able to understand and implement test procedures and instructions
* Able to maintain test documentation and reports
* Current driving licence
* Willingness and ability to attend at customer sites to witness equipment tests and conduct on-site fault diagnosis and repairs.
* Applicants should possess a nationally recognised technical qualification in an Electrical/Electronic discipline, e.g. HNC/HND or a modern apprenticeship or similar, and have strong practical skills gained through experience.