Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for an Electronics Design Engineer to work for a valve and actuator manufacturer near Oldham.
The company design, develop and manufacture Electronic Devices used to control the flow of liquids and gases in highly hazardous areas such as the Oil and Gas industry.
The successful Electronics Design Engineer will work on the whole development life cycle of a broad range of new products from initial specification to delivering and implementing the solution in production and manufacturing facilities around the world.
* Designing of hardware and software used within actuator products and supporting equipment, including the preparation of such records as may be necessary to demonstrate compliance with its associated specification and any relevant standards under the supervision of a senior engineer.
* Writing specifications, using natural language (plain English) simply, clearly, unambiguously and concisely
* Identifying and collating requirements from internal and external customers.
* Participating in design reviews, audits and testing to ensure that actuator designs and products comply with specifications and relevant standards.
* Ensuring the availability of design records and documentation and to assist with the production of Sales and Service literature.
* Provision of technical support to Sales, Service, Production, Buying and Quality departments as required.
* Carrying out other engineering tasks as and when required by the business.
* Maintains a regular dialogue with team/colleagues in difficult situations. Work collaboratively with other engineering groups
Qualifications Knowledge & Skills
* HNC/HND plus relevant experience
* Ability to deliver full lifecycle design projects in a professional industrial environment
* Practical knowledge of Electromagnetism (Solenoid design) or Power Electronics / Motor / Motor control design.
* Digital electronics design including microcontroller applications
* Analog electronics designs
* Circuit simulation
* Designs to meet internationally recognised approvals standards
* Designs for manufacture, tests and EMC
* Experience with schematic capture package
* Proactive 'can-do' mentality with self-motivation
* Practical problem solving with a logical approach
* Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment
* Will be required to liaise with both suppliers and customers, which may in turn necessitate occasional travel
* CAD systems in particular DxDesigner / PADS / Altium /Solid Edge
* Microsoft Office package experience