Electronics Test Team Leader
Russell Taylor are actively looking for a Senior Electronics Test Engineer who can bring fresh ideas and business practices to help grow our Clients Test Team in Bath.
Working on complex industrial solutions in an embedded environment, the successful candidate will develop test strategies and test plans whilst bringing formal design principles and strong delivery methodologies in to a new established testing function.
The scope for this role is broad and this is a fantastic opportunity for a capable senior test engineer to lead and develop a small but growing test function whilst progressing quickly within a growing and exciting software development team.
* Work with the project / product manager to document the product's vision and the project's scope.
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
* Write Test specifications, using natural language, simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
* Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements.
* Ability to translate/dissect business requirements for software developers.
* Model relevant "as-is" and proposed "to-be" processes using work flow diagrams.
* Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable and that they conform to standards.
* Participate in requirements prioritization.
* Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.
* Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
* Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements
* Produce robust documentation & presentation material for stakeholder consumption operating at varying levels.
* Maintains a regular dialogue with team/colleagues in difficult situations. Work collaboratively with other engineering groups.
* Proven background of working as a Test Lead in the development life cycle.
* Strong Functional and non-functional testing experience
* Provide Test Management and Testing expertise to the development team
* Own and manage development test process and artefacts. Coordinate and coach colleagues regarding proper test procedure, review techniques for test basis and validate test case definition.
* Underwrite the quality of Test Plans.
* Liaise with Product Owners, Architects and development Engineers to identify and assess new development or configuration tasks with the functions and objects affecting them.
* Ability to work with and define process for remote test teams.
* Use defect management to ensure defects are successfully resolved.
* Primary point of contact between project team, department and development team, for all test activities
* Deliver and maintain internal "Best Practices" for releases and test management processes.
* Oversees/coordinates all aspects of the project change and test environmental requirements
* Escalates all test-relevant topics, participates in conflict resolution in the test environment.
* Monitors the project SW release from initiation through to delivery ensuring full interaction with stakeholder on all matters providing status reports as necessary
* Timely identifies and escalates environment issues, data gaps and appropriate administration
* Ensure that test environments are maintained and remain "Fit for purpose" for the programme of project deliverables
* Coordinate testing phases of different products in conjunction with the product owner
* Defines/selects test-KPIs for the project reporting
* Use and manage defect management (tracking, analyzing, reporting)
* Identifies test risks and issues