EMC Test Engineer - Automotive
Salary - £30,000 - £35,000
2 Shift Pattern - 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm.
As an Automotive EMC Test Engineer, you will be required to work in a fast moving test laboratory and will be responsible for testing electrical/electronic components and systems. You will report to the Engineering Manager and will have to manage your job progress and provide report on completion of the Test Process.
The successful candidates will need to be dynamic, self- motivated and committed to working as an integral part of a successful and flexible team.
You will be an integral who will be able to adapt to a varied spectrum of test scenarios covering Military, Commercial and Vehicular products.
* You must be both a good verbal and written communicator.
* Computer literate with knowledge of the Microsoft Office. You will also have the ability to learn new process and be able to manage and navigate around the clients bespoke software and systems.
* Organised with a high degree of attention to detail
* Happy to travel to other client locations - Clean and current driving licence
* Team player with a demonstrated personal commitment and drive and the ability to work to deadlines.
* May Include travel on completion of training to other company site around the UK and also to some of the clients customers
Qualifications / Experience / Key Skills
Applicants should have experience working in a client focused environment, with strong 'hands on' technical ability.
Must be a good communicator, both written and verbal with clients and staff at all levels.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to HNC or higher in a relevant discipline (electrical, electronic and Radio Frequency engineering or related subject preferred). Previous EMC test experience is an advantage, but not essential if able to demonstrate a good level of understanding of electronic principles. Initial and ongoing training will be provided to the successful candidate.
You will be expected to demonstrate ability for the following:
* Good working knowledge of fundamental electrical/electronic principles ideally relating to RF
* Confidently use, and understand electrical and electronic test equipment such as Spectrum Analysers, Oscilloscopes, Test Receivers etc, and interpret results.
* A basic knowledge European and International EMC specifications, both Military and Commercial.
* A good standard of written and spoken English for clear and concise test reports and communication.
* Communication with internal and external customers and represent the company in technical meetings.
* SC Clearance is required
EMC Test Engineer
|Job Title:||EMC Test Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Brian La-Ffin|
|Job Published:||August 24, 2017 10:41|
EMC Test Engineer - Automotive
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
EMC Test Engineer - Dorset
Electrical Lab Test Technician
Mechanical Lab Test Technician
£23000.00 - £29000 per annum + Phone, Vehicle
£32000 - £40000 per annum + Phone, Vehicle