Engineer - Residential/New Homes
Manchester - Office based
Salary competitive + Company car/allowance + Bonus scheme
My client is a largely successful national developer who due to expansion are looking for a Development Engineer to join their North West office.
The ideal Engineer must have experience in new build residential developments who has worked for a leading house builder. The ideal candidate would specialise strongly in the engineering aspects mainly of civil highways and footpaths, drainage, sewer systems and utilities where you would focus on the technical and development processes of new build residential schemes.
Reporting directly to the Managing Engineer you will be responsible for the day to day running of ensure all engineering drawings and details are available and checked, in advance of start on site including foundations, sub-structure, highways, sewerage, utilities and any remediation proposals.
- Procure technical approval for highways / sewerage/ land drainage /utilities Securing all technical approvals necessary for a competent site start
- Attend pre-tender / pre-start / site start / regular site project meetings / client meetings / specification reviews and any other relevant meeting as required under the company's operating framework.
- Co-ordinate and manage external consultants to resolve any engineering issues
- Co-ordinate and manage statutory bodies such as Highway Authorities, Water Companies, Environment Agency to resolve any engineering issues
- Continue to develop site designs and provide full engineering support throughout the planning process Manage consultants in road, sewer, levels, cut and fill designs, to satisfy planning whilst maintaining the most competitive and practical solution
- Have the ability to interpret geo-technical reports and make recommendations
- Be capable of preparing initial site designs and constraints plans at an early stage Skills & Experience needed: Extensive experience of engineering issues gained within housebuilding industry e.g. roads and sewers, foundations, land drainage, utilities, etc
- Procuring technical approvals for all engineering details on site (inc. roads & sewers)
- Obtaining S38, 104 & 278 approvals
- Strategic input in on-site engineering solutions for housing developments
The company focus on a mixture of affordable and private sale homes. As the successful Development Engineer you would be primarily responsible for; reviewing possible engineering implications at feasibility stage for development schemes, attending site to provide technical input to site teams where required and building and maintaining relationships with highway and drainage authorities.
To qualify for this opportunity, the company are looking for an experienced Development Engineer from either a new build housing or highways and infrastructure background who has an understanding of AutoCAD. You will have experience within a housing developer of dealing with all Civil Engineering aspects of a housing development including coordination of consultants, acquiring section agreements & coordination of roads & associated infrastructure. My client are looking for someone who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable. You must be a good verbal and written communicator with excellent organization skills.
If you are interested in this position, then please apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com and if you require any more information or call Lauren on 0151-737-5560