Role: Engineering Business Assessor - Full Training Given
Location: Home based (3-4 days week travel)
Salary: Highly competitive
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for an Assessment Manager to join our client and be responsible for managing the accreditation process and activities for a variety of clients. You will enjoy the accreditation / certification process, like meeting new people, build relationships with key contacts / clients and act as the Account Manager for their business and accreditation related enquiries. If you're an expert in either; PSSR, PED, TPED, LOLER or ISO 17020 we would especially like to hear from you to discuss this fantastic opportunity.
- You will be responsible for managing the accreditation and assessment activities for a range of customers as well as carrying out assessment of Quality Management Systems and technical activities.
- Extensive UK travel with overnight stays and some overseas travel is required as part of this demanding but rewarding role.
- Manage the accreditation of assigned customers to ensure that all assessments are effectively managed with completion meeting defined timescales, including the production and delivery of assessment reports.
- Be accountable for each assessment of assigned customers to ensure that the service provided is fit for purpose, delivering robust findings, justifiable conclusions and recommendations.
- Select individuals with the appropriate skills and competence to create effective, competent assessment teams.
- Ensure that effort associated with the assessments and management of customers is commensurate with their scope and scale of accredited activities.
- Ensure policies and procedures in both technical and administrative areas related to the delivery of customer work is completed both compliantly and promptly.
Develop and maintain strong effective working relationships with assigned customers, specifically:
- Being the key contact point for all aspects of their relationship with our client.
- Proactively manage the customer's relationship with our client, providing support and guidance to the customer at all levels in relation to our client's processes.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to ensure customers are provided with necessary and relevant information regarding their activities with our client.
- Manage relationships such as to reduce the likelihood of conflicts arising between our client and the customer, with the ability to mediate where such conflicts do arise, whilst ensuring accreditation requirements are met.
- Assist with resolution of complaints against our client or complaints raised by 3rd parties regarding assigned customers.
- Take ownership of and responsibility for our client's work performed for the customer from inception to completion to ensure expectations are managed and excellent customer service is provided.
- Have an awareness of the customer's financial standing and terms with our clients, assist in the resolution of issues with outstanding debt.
Experts in either of the following; PSSR - Pressure Systems Safety Regulations. PED - Pressure Equipment Directive, TPED - Transportable Pressure Equipment Directive, Marine & Carriage of Dangerous Goods, LOLER - Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations.
The successful applicant will be trained and mentored on assessment and accreditation activities but will exhibit:
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, with a clear understanding of what constitutes world class customer service.
- Excellent knowledge of one or more Engineering disciplines and the associated legal and practical requirements.
- A desire to drive technical excellence and add value through the application of recognised industry standards
Key words; Engineering, Scientific, Assessment Manager, PSSR, PED, TPED, LOLER, Certification, Accreditation, QMS, Quality,