Engineering Lead (Facades Construction & Manufacturing)
Liverpool/Manchester North West
Highly Competitive Salary Package
Our client is a established national company who provide sustainable products and systems into the construction industry. They already have an incredibly established portfolio in facades, however at such an exciting time they are broadening their product range, expanding the facades portfolio and capitalising on the global mega-trend towards the urban environment, tall buildings and have recently given this as their focus in the division.
This is a superb Engineering Lead opportunity to develop a team of Structural Engineers and innovatively grow and develop the division.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop robust procedures for the engineering of the company's products and systems
- Develop and maintain efficient tools and methodologies for substantiation of system performance in compliance with relevant standards
- Engineer system solutions to optimal levels to ensure they are robust, safe and commercially viable
- Evaluate and propose modifications to new product development (NPD) initiatives
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of new technologies, applications and research in the field
- Serve as the structural engineering expert, solving technical problems and managing risks and opportunities
- Degree qualified in a structural engineering subject or Masters degree in Engineering would be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a structural engineering role, preferably within the new construction arena (facades or architectural metalwork).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to assess information in a variety and formats to derive optimum design solutions.
- Capable of working with numbers to calculate performance against requirements.
- Willing to look at the big picture and be proactive in identifying potential risks and opportunities.
- Creativity to develop solutions that fulfil the technical and commercial brief.
- Experienced use of Autodesk suite of products, ideally including 3D packages, i.e. Inventor and Revit.
- Capable to digest and apply detailed technical information.
- Genuine team player with ability to work across departments.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
Apply Via CV Submission or contact Mike Cairns on 07741 260386 to discuss further.