Location: North Wales
Reporting to: Plant Manager/ Operations Manager/ Divisional
Duration of Role: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
We currently have an opportunity for an Engineering/ Maintenance Manager within our management team based in North Wales.
Pioneering new technologies, creating sustainable building solutions and delivering award winning building design. This is what our client is made of. We are committed to innovation, sustainability and the communities here in Great Britain that we're proud to be part of.
As a group, we are focused on establishing leading market positions by providing innovative construction systems and solutions with a global reach.
Within our core area of business, we have established an enviable position as a global leader in the design and manufacture of high quality products to the commercial, industrial and domestic construction markets.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
* To provide hands on engineering support.
* Closely monitor engineering costs and research ways to reduce costs whilst maintain product quality.
* To aid in the development and implementation of the planned and preventative maintenance strategy.
* Work closely with production, quality, safety and controls teams to ensure that plant priorities are met.
* Review plant performance and develop continuous improvement plans in line with best practice to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
Main Objectives of the Role:
* Allocation of maintenance resources of a day-to-day basis to ensure compliance with the engineering schedule.
* Ensure that engineering personnel are providing value adding feedback through the company's computerised maintenance management system.
* To lead and develop a team of plant engineering and engineering technicians.
* Ensure compliance with the highest standards of HSE awareness, housekeeping and quality of work.
* Adopting a proactive approach to reducing the impact and frequency of faults on process machinery.
* Liaising with manufacturing colleagues to identify windows of opportunity for carrying out project/ engineering related work.
* Identify and generate with engineering and other disciplines final design specifications and justifications for capital expenditure projects and value adding improvement initiatives, where appropriate.
* Plan shutdowns in conjunction with other engineering personnel to ensure that they are run is effectively as possible and ensure that availability, HSE and quality targets for assets are met.
* Identify areas of best practice within and external to the company and apply to own area of responsibility.
* Attend meetings on behalf of the engineering function and take a proactive role in the meetings from an engineering perspective.
* Generate meaningful KPIs that demonstrate the improvements realised in own area of responsibility.
* Maintain the highest levels of health & safety within the work environment.
* Identify and prioritise engineering activities to maximise productivity whilst improving product quality.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Significant and demonstrated experience in deploying planned and preventative engineering strategies, degree/ diploma qualified in equivalent with at least 5 years' experience, or significant experience within a high volume manufacturing environment.
* Hands on engineering experience with the ability to diagnose complex manufacturing engineering related problems.
* Proven man management skills with an emphasis on development of team.
* Excellent organisational, planning, communication and time management skills with a can do attitude and the ability to work autonomously an absolute must.
* Ability to use clear judgement and make methodical decisions in ambiguous and pressure situations.
* Flexibility Key
* Provide out of hours engineering support for site dependent on serious plant performance issues.
|Job Title:||Engineering Manager|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Pension|
|Contact Name:||Brian La-Ffin|
|Job Published:||October 17, 2017 11:24|
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Car
Senior Project Manager
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Car
Technical Project Manager
£50000.00 - £60000 per annum
Certification Manager - Gas
£40000 - £45000 per annum