Engineering Manager (Chemical Manufacturing)
Competitive Salary depending on experience
North West, Preston
We have a fantastic opportunity with a leading manufacturing company who are undertaking an extensive period of site growth and transformation across their site.
They are looking for an engineering leader with strong leadership and change management skills to introduce new ideas across the group and drive performance and efficiency in the organisation. The successful candidate will be inheriting a solid maintenance team with a lot of potential. A great opportunity for a forward thinking Engineering who has previous experience within a Semi Automated/Automated environment who has experience of driving and developing site based efficiencies.
Previous demonstrable experience of leading and commissioning site based upgrade and installation projects is essential.
- Leading a team of engineers to achieve key KPI targets
- Develop and implement the site asset care strategy and drive significant improvement in overall engineering performance.
- Set up and manage the Preventative maintenance program CMS system
- and set up a reliability, asset care program.
- Manage engineering budgets and undertake and execute site Capex plan.
- Increase site operational effectiveness, working seamlessly with the Production and Technical teams to reduce downtime, improving OEE & completing projects within target budgets and time frames.
- Develop, submit & control the annual engineering budget.
The Successful candidate will be a time served engineer in either mechanical or electrical engineering within manufacturing Chemical/Food/FMCG/Automotive manufacturing experience (other industries also considered) with a preferably a minimum of HNC level engineering qualification or above. A strong track record of exceptional leadership with examples of improving performance lean manufacturing methodologies (TPM / Six Sigma / Kaizen / 5S / etc )
Apply via cv submission or contact Mike Cairns on 07741260386 to discuss further.